Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Tcl Commands to set method of Integration

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Tcl Commands to set method of Integration 

Last post Wed, Apr 7 2010 2:07 PM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by mobileee 07 Apr 2010 12:45 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 1477 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Apr 7 2010 12:45 AM

• mobileee
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 2 2009
    • Kharagpur, West Bengal
    • Posts 11
    • Points 170
    Tcl Commands to set method of Integration Reply

Dear All,

I am new to this community. Let me introduce as Debjit from India. I am facing the following problem.

I want to change the method of integration and/or the errpreset of a simulation during run time. I am able to change the reltol, vabstol, iabstol value during runtime by tcl commands like "analog -reltol" etc. Does there exists some tcl commands to change the method of integration or errpreset? 

I am using the following version of the Cadence Setup.

ICFB : 5.10.41.500.6.141
    Spectre Version: 7.2.0.194.isr4
    NCSIM version: 09.20-s014

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards

Debjit.

Filed under: ,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Apr 7 2010 2:07 PM

Re: Tcl Commands to set method of Integration Reply

Debjit,

From your description, it sounds as if you're using AMS Designer as the simulator (probably wise to actually say that, to avoid guesswork on the part of anyone who wants to try to help you). In which case the version of spectre is not relevant, because it's just using the simulator from the INCISIV92 stream.

Anyway, the Tcl analog command only allows you to change iabstol, reltol and vabstol (and the analog stop time). There is no Tcl command to change errpreset (which is dominated by the three above anyway) or method. You could probably use the save/restart options to stop the simulation at a particular point, change the analog control file (hence changing the errpreset or method) and then restart with that. Need to take a little care in case you introduce a step at that point.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by mobileee at 07 Apr 2010 12:45 AM. Topic has 1 replies.