Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Monte Carlo simulation correlations definition puzzle

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Monte Carlo simulation correlations definition puzzle 

Last post Wed, Apr 7 2010 10:20 PM by lunren. 5 replies.
Started by lunren 18 Mar 2010 12:55 PM. Topic has 5 replies and 3913 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Mar 18 2010 12:55 PM

• lunren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 1 2009
    • Posts 21
    • Points 315
    Monte Carlo simulation correlations definition puzzle Reply

Dear All,

I know in Monte Carlo simulation, we can define the correlations between two devices. Now in the simulation, I  have two instances of same module called "PGA", in the Monte Carlo simulation, I want check the mismatch effect inside module "PGA", but I don't want any mismatch between the two instances of module "PGA", in another word, I want the two instances of module "PGA" to be perfect matching (or the same) in the Monte Carlo simulation. Can anyone give me some idea how to do that?

Thanks,

Devin

• Post Points: 5
  • Sat, Mar 20 2010 12:30 AM

• lunren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 21
    • Points 315
    Monte Carlo simulation puzzle Reply

Dear All,

I know in Monte Carlo simulation, we can define the correlations between two devices. Now in the simulation, I  have two instances of same module called "PGA", in the Monte Carlo simulation, I want to check the mismatch effect inside module "PGA", but I don't want to have any mismatch effect between the two instances of module "PGA", in another word, I want the two instances of module "PGA" to be perfect matched (or the same) in the Monte Carlo simulation. Can anyone give me some idea how to do that?

Thanks,

Devin

• Wed, Apr 7 2010 2:17 PM

Re: Monte Carlo simulation puzzle Reply

Devin,

What version of the IC environment are you using? I think this is possible with the Monte Carlo options in IC614 (and later IC613 versions) from within ADE XL. You can specify which devices/blocks have mismatch applied.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Apr 7 2010 10:03 PM

• lunren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 21
    • Points 315
    RE: Monte Carlo simulation puzzle Reply

Hi Andrew,

My IC environment is IC5141. I didn’t find anywhere to specify the correlation block-wise. I did find we can specify the correlation transistors-wise, however, there are too many transistors in the blocks to specify.

Thanks,
    Devin

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Apr 7 2010 10:14 PM

Re: RE: Monte Carlo simulation puzzle Reply

I don't think this is possible in IC5141. Whilst the spectre monte carlo analysis allows you to do it (this was added in later MMSIM versions to support the new capabilities in IC613 ADE XL), there's no access to it from the IC5141 Monte Carlo GUI. 

I guess you could run the simulation from the command line and modify the netlist - but that's probably also cumbersome.

Or move to IC614 ;-)

Regards,

Andrew.

• Wed, Apr 7 2010 10:20 PM

• lunren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 21
    • Points 315
    RE: RE: Monte Carlo simulation puzzle Reply

Thanks a lot Andrew, you help us Designer a lot. Let’s see when my company will move to IC614.

Have a great day.
    Devin

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by lunren at 18 Mar 2010 12:55 PM. Topic has 5 replies.