Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Adding tear drop to via

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Adding tear drop to via 

Last post Mon, Dec 27 2010 5:02 AM by slavne. 2 replies.
Started by anandaraj 23 Feb 2010 02:25 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 4000 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Feb 23 2010 2:25 PM

• anandaraj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 14 2009
    • Posts 12
    • Points 180
    Adding tear drop to via Reply

Hi all

im using allegro pcb GXL16.2,

im always struggling to add teardrops to vias, when i use add fillet its giving teardrops to all pads instead of vias.

can anybody guide me the right path to add teardrops only for vias.

and i find out in a design, in that design thay hv added odd-angle line segment for teardrops instead of fillets, i hv attached print screen immage of the design whith this post, anybody can tell me how to do this.

thanks in advance,

Anand

• Post Points: 35
  • Tue, Feb 23 2010 4:39 PM

• steve
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,211
    • Points 19,710
    Re: Adding tear drop to via Reply

Under the route - gloss - parameters menu there is a box next to pad and t connection fillet. Click on it and the options will open for defining fillets (what and how). If you want to use shapes there was a new feature in 16.2 for dynamic shape based fillets).

• Post Points: 5
  • Mon, Dec 27 2010 5:02 AM

• slavne
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 30 2010
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130
    Re: Adding tear drop to via Reply
    Although this topic is sort of old there is my comment, because the subject is not so easy. Preparing parameters for addition of teardrops (fillets) in PCB Editor has to be done thorugh Route/Gloss/Parameters, click on small button on the left of "padT and connection fillet". There are two points important to remember here: 1) choose correct combination of Fillet objects. E.g. for adding teardrops on padstacks on pins you have to check circular pads and pins. E.g. for vias (padstacks connecting layers) you should check both circular pads and vias, NOT ONLY VIAS. 2) Because of principles the teardrops are constructed, they should be constructed discently in order to be viewed. For that you have to choose two basic parameters correctly: "desired angle", and "maximum offset". I recommend using offset that is roughly equal to diameter, which is according to my estimations: for circular pads desired angle = 35 degrees and maximum offset=1,16 * D (D is pad diameter), for square pads desired angle=45 and maximum offset = 1,21*D (D is a side of the square). Hope this helps somebody.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by anandaraj at 23 Feb 2010 02:25 PM. Topic has 2 replies.