Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Import spectre netlist

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Import spectre netlist 

Last post Sat, Jan 9 2010 6:38 AM by Quek. 4 replies.
Started by Bernd das Brot 08 Jan 2010 11:55 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 4793 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Jan 8 2010 11:55 AM

• Bernd das Brot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 11 2009
    • Duisburg, Nrth Rhine Westfalia
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85
    Import spectre netlist Reply

Hello all,

I have to look for real differences of subcircuits in two spectre netlists. It should be the same circuit, but the names of the nets and instances seemes to be compleetly different. My idea is to cut out the parts of the subcircuits definition, import them to a cell (IC5.141) and use the LVS  (Diva) tool.

Unfortunately, I didn't found any tool to import a spectre netlist. Only for spice netlist or CDL.

Does anybody know how to import a spectre netlist? Or is it possible to feed the netlists to the LVS directly?

Best regards

Filed under: , , ,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Jan 8 2010 12:41 PM

• Quek
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 14 2009
    • Singapore, 00-SG
    • Posts 1,060
    • Points 16,050
    Re: Import spectre netlist Reply

Hi Bernd

Diva lvs does not take spectre netlist. You can import the spectre netlist using spice-in (File->Import->Spice) function from IC614. The other alternative is to write a perlscript to convert the spectre netlist to a spice netlist.

Best regards
    Quek

• Fri, Jan 8 2010 2:28 PM

• Bernd das Brot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 11 2009
    • Duisburg, Nrth Rhine Westfalia
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85

Hello Quek,

Thank You for For tips. 

Quek:

You can import the spectre netlist using spice-in (File->Import->Spice) function from IC614.

Yes, I found this tool here, but in my understanding spice-in is for IC6xx and the OpenAccess database. Does it support the "old" database format of 5.141 ???

Quek:

The other alternative is to write a perlscript to convert the spectre netlist to a spice netlist.

Ohh yeah, I'm wondering what take more time: writing this script (with less knowledge of the both formats) or performing a handmade LVS. .... OK, the netlists have just 91,500 lines, maybe the handmade LVS will take som time, too. :->

I have a strong feeling to reinvent the wheel, is there nobody, who has written such script ???

Best regards,

Bernd

• Fri, Jan 8 2010 2:59 PM

Yes, it is for OpenAccess only. One possibility might be for you to do a quick-and-dirty migration of your design kit to IC61 by using cdb2oa on the design kit. Then import the spectre netlists, and then finally use oa2cdb to migrate the converted schematics back to IC5141 where you can do the Diva SVS.

Note that oa2cdb shouldn't really be used as part of a design flow, but it may be a workaround that's easier than writing your own LVS tool!

Do you have Assura available? If you can convert spectre to CDL (which is SPICE-like), which should be easy enough with a bit of perl, then you could use Assura to do an SVS. Diva LVS only takes a flat "Diva-syntax" netlist file, so it's going to be much harder to write a perl script to convert to that. You could (I guess) convert to CDL, import that in IC5141, and then do Diva SVS - but doing CDL import in IC5141 can sometimes be a little challenging to get all the device mapping correct, so I think that could end up being quite a lot of work...

Regards,

Andrew.

• Sat, Jan 9 2010 6:38 AM

• Quek
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 14 2009
    • Singapore, 00-SG
    • Posts 1,060
    • Points 16,050
    Hi Bernd

I also think that doing a migration is the better approach. It is not too difficult, just use the cdb-to-oa conversion gui under "ciw:Tools->Conversion Toolbox".

Best regards
    Quek
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Bernd das Brot at 08 Jan 2010 11:55 AM. Topic has 4 replies.