Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Automatic Routing Update From Constraint Change

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Automatic Routing Update From Constraint Change 

Last post Wed, Dec 16 2009 2:57 PM by Thomas M. 2 replies.
Started by Thomas M 15 Dec 2009 07:48 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 1358 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Dec 15 2009 7:48 PM

• Thomas M
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 2 2009
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50
    Automatic Routing Update From Constraint Change Reply

Hi Folks, 

I am in Allegro 16.2 and I have had to create a new Physical Constraint Set (PCS/Physical CSet) for which I want several nets and DPr(differential pair)/nets ro reference.  I have changed the values for Line Width,Neck etc and they have saved.  Is there a way to have these changes:

1) populate the fields in the individual net constraints after selecting the Referenced Physical CSet?

***edit:  I believe I half answered this.  Type:Net has changed, but Type:DPr did not***

2) have the individual set constraints, once set, propagate to the routings?

Thank You,

Tom

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Dec 16 2009 7:01 AM

• Rik Lee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 2 2008
    • HOME, SC
    • Posts 166
    • Points 2,730
    Re: Automatic Routing Update From Constraint Change Reply

Once the diff pairs have been routed, if you change the constraints, you will need to rip-up and re-route them to the new constraints.

In the 16.3 release, under the Early Adopter category, is the user preference 'resize_respace_dp' which allows you to select the diff pair nets in the canvas that are targeted for change and a dialog box appears listing by layer, the current line width and gap of the selected pairs. Adjacent to each entry are fields for you to enter in the replacement values for width and gap.

The process flow assumes that the change of the line width and gap precedes any constraint updates to the database. Once the physical changes are implemented, you should update the constraints in Constraint Manager and then update the DRCs to ensure that the gaps and widths are consistent with the constraints.

The variable is present for customer feedback but is NOT supported or documented. Your comments and suggestions are welcomed.

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Dec 16 2009 2:57 PM

• Thomas M
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 2 2009
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50
    Re: Automatic Routing Update From Constraint Change Reply

Thanks, Rik.

-Tom

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Thomas M at 15 Dec 2009 07:48 PM. Topic has 2 replies.