Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Successful integration of Agilent Momentum with Virtuoso?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Successful integration of Agilent Momentum with Virtuoso? 

Last post Wed, Dec 16 2009 2:13 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by EESJ 11 Dec 2009 10:03 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 2411 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Dec 11 2009 10:03 PM

• EESJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 12 2008
    • san jose, CA
    • Posts 4
    • Points 65
    Successful integration of Agilent Momentum with Virtuoso? Reply

Hi All,

I am rather new to Cadence Virtuoso (besides the standard academic designs and sims) and am looking for any tutorials for integrating Momentum (or CST and HFSS ) models into virtuoso schematic designs. I am sure this is a common problem/question.

A simple example would be incorporating a transformer I have designed in Momentum ( i have touchstone files etc) into my schematic. Would it make sense to extract the parasitics of the transformer and make the standard T-network transformer model? Create a seperate cellview and incorporate the SnP file with the appropriate Layout Cellview?

Any help will be appreciated!

Filed under: , ,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Dec 16 2009 2:13 AM

Re: Successful integration of Agilent Momentum with Virtuoso? Reply

It rather depends on what you want to do with the resulting touchstone files. If you want to use them with spectre, you could use the nport component from analogLib, and reference the touchstone file that Momentum produces.

Agilent may have something in their interface to conveniently create a component for simulation, but I've not seen there environment for a few years, so can't comment. It's probably a better question for Agilent than posting on a Cadence forum (although a Cadence user who also uses the Agilent RFDE interface may know the answer).

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by EESJ at 11 Dec 2009 10:03 PM. Topic has 1 replies.