Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Rotation for an arbitrary angle in Virtuoso

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Rotation for an arbitrary angle in Virtuoso 

Last post Thu, Nov 17 2011 9:28 PM by Jagan Nathan. 5 replies.
Started by Vasili 14 Nov 2009 08:07 PM. Topic has 5 replies and 3640 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sat, Nov 14 2009 8:07 PM

• Vasili
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 18 2009
    • Posts 5
    • Points 100
    Rotation for an arbitrary angle in Virtuoso Reply

I am designing a fancy transformer using Virtuoso Layout Editor.

In fact, I would like to derive a corresponding code. It would be convenient for meto design a piece of the transformer and then copy it with a rotation. However, I noticedor did not find a skill function rotating on an arbitrary angle.I already developed functions creating sophisticated polygones. But I could not find a skill function (allowed for par. cell design) that rotates polygons on an arbitrary angle. And I could not find a skill function that extracts points of the polygon. Could you help me with one of such functions (And I would like to avoid CIF forms.)  

Vasili

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Nov 16 2009 11:37 AM

• Vasili
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 18 2009
    • Posts 5
    • Points 100
    Re: Rotation for an arbitrary angle in Virtuoso Reply

I resolved the problem by myself. So I should withdraw my posting. But instead I would like to modify the request. My new question is:

Why some SKILL function are absend.  For example, a corresponding manual shows several similar functions: dbCopyFig dbMoveFig and dbDeleteFig but, in fact, function dbDeleteFig does not exist at all. (However, dbDeleteObject does the job.) 

Vasili

• Mon, Nov 16 2009 12:14 PM

Hi Vasili,

I presume you found dbDeleteFig() in the Integrator's Toolkit documentation - as far as I know that's the only place it is documented. This manual is for the C interface to the database; there are separate functions for deleting each type of object.

In SKILL however, these have been consolidated into a single function, dbDeleteObject() which can handle any database object; that's harder to do with C because each object is a different type.

So there's no missing function - it's just that the C interface and SKILL interfaces are not identical.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
  • Mon, Mar 1 2010 9:28 PM

• Chengyuan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 2 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20

Actually I would like to know the answer to the original question the author addressd.

I have some polygons of Virtuoso layout to be copied and rotated with an arbitrary angle, but I can not find a way to rotate it using script.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks!

-Cheng-Yuan

• Mon, Mar 1 2010 9:46 PM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,569
    • Points 15,600

Hi Cheng,

Perhaps a new thread might have been a good idea?

Anyway, take a look at Solution 11209928 - it might be useful?

I'm sure that there might be other solutions, this is just one of the ones I found when I used Search in the Cadence Online Support site. It's amazing, you type keywords like "rotate" and "layout" in the Search box and press the Search button to perform the search, then review the results that come back.

Regards,

Lawrence.

• Thu, Nov 17 2011 9:28 PM

Hi all,

Best way to rotate is to change the Snap modes for both Create and edit to anyangle. Then you can use the rotate option to do it in any angle.

To go to the option is in layout editor Options --> Display --> Snap modes.

Used the IC 614 version.

regards,

Jagan

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Vasili at 14 Nov 2009 08:07 PM. Topic has 5 replies.