Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > A question about setting grid controls...?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

A question about setting grid controls...? 

Last post Tue, Mar 29 2011 9:10 AM by Andrew Beckett. 8 replies.
Started by IC Layout 30 Oct 2009 02:59 PM. Topic has 8 replies and 5383 views
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Oct 30 2009 2:59 PM

• IC Layout
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 7 2009
    • Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
    • Posts 53
    • Points 1,155
    A question about setting grid controls...? Reply
    Hi! I have a small question about setting grid controls in layout editor... I would like to set grid value 10nm... Are the below lines can set grid for 10nm minor spacing = 0.01 major spacing = 0.01 X Snap Spacing = 0.005 Y Snap Spacing = 0.005 or shall I need to fill above four fields with 0.01 Which will essentially decides the grid value for the layout editor... Thanks in Advance... Prabhakar. K -- Layout Engineer
    Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Sat, Oct 31 2009 2:43 AM

Re: A question about setting grid controls...? Reply
    The major and minor spacings control the dots/lines drawn on the screen to indicate a "grid". The X and Y snap spacing ensure that any coordinates entered interactively snap to a multiple of the specified snap spacing - this is independent of the dots/lines drawn.

So it all depends on what you mean by grid. For most people, the term "grid" corresponds to the snap spacing.

Regards,

Andrew
    • Post Points: 5
  • Sat, Oct 31 2009 2:46 AM

I'm pretty sure these are well described in the documentation, by the way...

Andrew
  • Sat, Oct 31 2009 2:58 AM

• IC Layout
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Posts 53
    • Points 1,155

Ya! I have checked the vlehelp document .. i was really confused thats the reason to post this question ...

If you dont mind can you confirm the solution for my problem please...

I have to draw my layouts on 10nm grid...

You meant to say that the x and y snap spacing should be 0.01 right... and what about minor and major fields...?

• Sat, Oct 31 2009 3:11 AM

I'm surprised my previous reply wasn't clear enough, or that a small amount of experimentation couldn't have told you this, but let me try again.

Yes, the snap spacing should be 0.01 (assuming user units of micron). The major/minor grid can be whatever you want - they merely control how the major/minor grid dots/lines are displayed on the screen and do not affect entry of data.

I didn't say precisely step by step what you needed to set, because "grid" means different things to different people (as I said before).

Regards,

Andrew
  • Sat, Oct 31 2009 3:41 AM

• IC Layout
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Posts 53
    • Points 1,155

I am really very sorry Mr.Andrew, for your inconvinience .. Here I don't have any one to explain about my problems to make sure before I start layout.. My Lead is on long leave... I thought to confirm the solution  thats all.. why because after drawing layout it might be difficult to change grid right.. As This is my first project I need to be careful in every step that I am doing ... Anyways thaks a lot for your valuble solutions .. I got the grid concept clearly now...

One more kind request, If you don't mind can you give me your personal mail id .. To ask some of the skill & layout related issues ...

I will have problem If I post those questions here from my company side... I hope you can understand my problem ... I am sure that I wll never ask you for small small issues .... 

Thank you very much....

Prabhakar. K -- Layout Engineer 

• Sun, Nov 1 2009 12:29 AM

Prabhakar,

If you have issues you cannot post here, you should use our proper support channel support.cadence.com . I cannot provide personal support to customers all over the world, I simply do not have the bandwidth to do that, and we have a team of people covering each region around the world dedicated to providing customer support (I am part of that team in Europe). So please use Cadence Online Support - it's there for a good reason!

Regards,

Andrew.

• Tue, Mar 29 2011 9:01 AM

• Aloysius08
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 11 2011
    • Edinburgh, Lothian
    • Posts 1
    • Points 120
    Skill for Grid Control Reply
    Hi,

A question about skill for grid control

like i want to have 3 set of grid control.

1. default minimum from pdk (i.e. 0.005grid).

minor spacing = 0.005

major spacing = 0.005

x snap spacing = 0.005

y snap spacing = 0.005

2. Next set is 0.1 setup for all.

3. last is to have 0.2 for all.

How can i set them into the skill for me to assign a bindkey to 3 of them instead of keep changing the grid controls?

Anyone got sample of it? Honestly, dont know about skill writing.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

henry
  • Tue, Mar 29 2011 9:10 AM

Re: Skill for Grid Control Reply

Henry,

After you emailed this to me directly, I suggested you log a service request via http://support.cadence.com . Not sure why you didn't do that, since that's what customer support is for? By all means somebody may be able to help you here (won't be me, because I'm overloaded at the moment), but if you go to customer support there is a dedicated support team.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by IC Layout at 30 Oct 2009 02:59 PM. Topic has 8 replies.