Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Encounter OpenAcces: problems with exporting design

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Encounter OpenAcces: problems with exporting design 

Last post Tue, Aug 18 2009 1:11 AM by konx. 0 replies.
Started by konx 18 Aug 2009 01:11 AM. Topic has 0 replies and 920 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Aug 18 2009 1:11 AM

• konx
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 3 2009
    • Amsterdam, Netherlands
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135
    Encounter OpenAcces: problems with exporting design Reply

Hi!

I have the following problem: I'm running an Encounter session in a directory called "Encounter". In this directory I put:

a) pixel.conf file

b) floorplan.fp files

c) pixel_synt.v (verilog netlist)

d) pixel.sdf file

e) lib.defs file: in this file I have the paths pointing to many libraries, in particular a library called "Francesco_1" (this is a library I've previosuly created in Virtuoso. In this library I have the schematic fomr which the pixel_synt.v has been generated).

Now, I import my design using pixel.conf and I do P&R.  During the design flow I save many times using Save As --> SoCE.

At the end, I try to export the design in my Virtuoso library: I go on Save As --> OA; here I can select my library (Francesco_1) and save the design.

Now, the problem is that this process dosen't always work: a couple of times I can obtain (in Virtuoso) a correct layout, but many other times it happens that in Virtuoso only few nets are imported (it is not layer dependant: I mean, I can have 10 nets of layer M3, but I should see 30 nets, so the problem is not with a particular layer. It just happens that some random nets are not exported).

I tried to repeat this process many times, changing library and so on, but the problem seems very random (once I tried to export the layout in an empty directory, so without the original schematic, and it worked...next time I tried to do the same, and it didn't work).

Suggestions?

Thanks for help

Francesco. 

Filed under: ,
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by konx at 18 Aug 2009 01:11 AM. Topic has 0 replies.