Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > SKILL global replace layer within ROD multipart-path

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

SKILL global replace layer within ROD multipart-path 

Last post Tue, Mar 18 2014 6:43 AM by Andrew Beckett. 5 replies.
Started by joday 01 Jul 2009 11:53 AM. Topic has 5 replies and 3137 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jul 1 2009 11:53 AM

• joday
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 1 2009
    • Posts 3
    • Points 60
    SKILL global replace layer within ROD multipart-path Reply

I'm currently writing some SKILL to globally search and replace layers in an existing layout(using leSearchHierarchy and leReplace).  This works fine, but does not work on mult-part paths(or at least on the subShapes of the MPP).  I am able to find the ROD object using rodGetObj and testing the items in the list returned from leSearchHierarchy to find the MPPs(if rodGetObj returns something other than nil, then the object is an ROD).  The problem is that i cannot find a way to change the layers of the objects that are  subShapes of the ROD object.  I can do this in the GUI, but selecting the ROD MPP, clicking the subpart button, which brings up the Edit ROD Subpart menu, where i can select enclosure subpath, subrectangle, or offset subpath and edit/apply the changes to the subShape layers.  I have not found a way to do this in SKILL however, so any help on this topic would be much appreciated!

I also tried to modify the techfile, where the MPPs are defined to see if that would globally reevaluate the MPPS with the new layer definition, but that doesn't work.  Apparently the mpps are only evaluated while drawing and once instantiated no longer refer to the definition in the techfile.  

Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jul 2 2009 3:23 AM

Re: SKILL global replace layer within ROD multipart-path Reply

There is currently no public API to change subparts of an MPP. If you want this, please contact Cadence Customer Support, and an enhancement CCR can be filed.

For now the only (non-private) solution is to do a rodUnNameShape() on the MPP, and then you can modify whatever you like (but it's not an MPP any more).

And you're right, the MPP templates are only used to seed the creation of the MPP; no reference to the template is kept, and MPPs do not update to follow changes to the MPP templates.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Sun, Mar 16 2014 7:29 AM

• Heywire
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 5 2014
    • Posts 9
    • Points 150

Hello Andrew,

How to use rodUnNameShape() ? what parameter argument is to be passed? Giving the objID of the MPP as the argument , gives an error message-

" parameter argument is not a valid ROD object Id - db:0x5cd6d422".

What is the correct syntax to change/ access the attributres of all sub-parts of the MPP ?

Thanks and regards,

Anand 

Filed under: ,
  • Mon, Mar 17 2014 1:27 AM

Anand,

You're trying to do the operation with a dbId, rather than a rodId. You can find the rodId by doing:

rodId=rodGetObj(dbId)

You can then find the shapes contained within it by doing:

rodId~>subShapes (and rodId~>dbId for the master shape)

You'd do rodUnNameShape(rodId).

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Andrew.

• Mon, Mar 17 2014 10:43 PM

• Heywire
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 5 2014
    • Posts 9
    • Points 150

Andrew,

It worked fine, except, rodID~>dbID was not giving me the mastershape of ROD.It is showing error,namely,nil.

Thanks,

Anand 

• Tue, Mar 18 2014 6:43 AM

Anand,

That's because it's rodID~>dbId not ~>dbID (it is case sensitive). If you do rodID~>? you can see all the names of the attributes. Also (of course) you can't do it after you've done a rodUnNameShape() - because it's no longer a ROD object any more.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by joday at 01 Jul 2009 11:53 AM. Topic has 5 replies.