Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > VerilogA Problem in MMSIM-7.1

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

VerilogA Problem in MMSIM-7.1 

Last post Tue, May 25 2010 1:37 AM by Winglet. 32 replies.
Started by gokce 03 Jun 2009 09:27 AM. Topic has 32 replies and 18188 views
Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jun 3 2009 9:27 AM

• gokce
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 3 2009
    • Posts 13
    • Points 245
    VerilogA Problem in MMSIM-7.1 Reply

Hi,

I am having a problem to simulate my verilogA files under MMSIM 7.1. They work fine under MMSIM-6.0. In spectreout, I get:

ERROR (VACOMP-1008): Cannot compile ahdlcmi module library. Check the log file input.ahdlSimDB/3821_soi12so_Test_Tapeout_Sept09_BinarySearch_veriloga_veriloga.va.BinSearch.ahdlcmi/Linux2.6.11.4-21.9-smp+gcc/ for details. If the compiler ran out of memory, use 'setenv CDS_CMI_COMPLEVEL 0', and try again. If the reason for the failure was a syntax error, contact your Cadence Customer Support representative with the netlist, log files, behavioral model files, and any other information that can help identify the problem.

In  ahdlcmi.out, I get:

/usr/cds/mmsim-7.1/tools.lnx86/systemc/gcc/4.1/bin/gcc  -march=i486 -ffast-math -O3 -DSYSV -DSVR4 -D_REENTRANT -fPIC   -DconfigSPECTRE -I. -I/usr/cds/mmsim-7.1/tools.lnx86/spectre/ahdlcmi/include -c BinSearch_DcFuncDerLoad.c -o obj/optimize/5.0/BinSearch_DcFuncDerLoad.o || rm -f -f obj/optimize/5.0/BinSearch_DcFuncDerLoad.o;
    gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory

I attached the log files. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,

Gokce

Filed under: , , ,
    • Post Points: 65
  • Mon, Jun 8 2009 8:12 AM

• haikom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 16 2008
    • Berlin, Berlin
    • Posts 12
    • Points 165
    Re: VerilogA Problem in MMSIM-7.1 Reply

Hi,

after the installation of MMSIM 7.1, did you configured all packages? During this process veriloga and vhdlams libraries will be compiled and some links will be defined. Maybe this causes problem?

Kind regards

haikom

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jun 10 2009 8:48 AM

• gokce
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 245

I am not sure what you mean by configuring the packages? How do I do this configuration step after installation?

Gokce

• Wed, Jun 10 2009 8:58 AM

InstallScape should prompt you automatically at the end of the installation - select all products it offers you, and go through answering the questions.

Otherwise hit the "configure" link on the main InstallScape page, pick the installation directory, select all the products it gives you the choice of, and answer the questions...

Regards,

Andrew.

• Wed, Jun 10 2009 10:37 AM

• gokce
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 245

I have tried this for MMSIM-7.10.103 Hotfix version. When I select the installation directory /mmsim-7.1 for configuration, I get:

No Products available for configuration.

If I check if everything installed correctly, I see OK next to all Spectre products. So I cannot configure anything.

• Wed, Jun 10 2009 10:52 AM

Er, sorry. For some reason I was mixing this up with another question, and was really talking in terms of IUS streams, which definitely do need configuring.

The one thing that you might have to do with MMSIM71 is to create a link called "tools" in the MMSIM71 installation, pointing to tools.lnx86 . In theory it's not needed, but I always have it there. Normally configuration creates this for most streams, but MMSIM71 does not need configuration, as you've found.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Wed, Jun 10 2009 10:56 AM

• gokce
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 245

Hi Andrew,

Thanks, for the reply, but I already have that tools->tools.lnx86 link. I believe the problem is that ahdl cannot find the C++/g++ compiler inside the spectre.

Gokce

• Wed, Jun 10 2009 6:47 PM

• tkhan
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 16 2008
    • Toronto, Ontario
    • Posts 159
    • Points 2,220

Maybe you aren't setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include lib folders from whichever stream(s) you're working with?

• Wed, Jun 10 2009 11:11 PM

In fact you should not do this. It's unnecessary with MMSIM, definitely - it is set by the wrapper scripts for each executable in the tools/bin dir.

Regards,

Andrew
  • Thu, Jun 11 2009 1:51 AM

• haikom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 16 2008
    • Berlin, Berlin
    • Posts 12
    • Points 165

Hi,

another idea:

have a look at your environment variable PATH and enshure, that the path to gcc points to the correct directory in the correct MMSIM installation tree. Maybe this causes trouble.

Good luck

haikom

• Thu, Jun 11 2009 3:00 AM

The path to gcc should be set automatically by spectre, to ensure that it picks the version of gcc shipped with the software. So it should be unaffected  by having gcc in the path.

You might want to check the output of "env" to see if you have any gcc-related variables set though.

Regards,

Andrew.
  • Thu, Jun 11 2009 10:23 AM

• gokce
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 245

Hi,

I might have understood why the problem is caused, but I have no workaround. There is not a "lib" directory under:

/mmsim-7.1/tools/systemc/gcc/4.1/install

This probably causes the problem "cc1 not found" issue. I realised that under an earlier version of MMSIM, I have a directory called lib here:

/usr/cds/mmsim-6.0/tools/systemc/gcc/install

In the ahdlcmi.out file that I get when trying to compile my veriloga module, it spits out the LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH:  /mmsim-7.1/tools.lnx86/systemc/gcc/4.1/install/lib (and other stuff following this)

But, as I mentioned, no lib directory is found there. I am not sure why this directory is absent, but I will try reinstalling MMSIM-7.1. I suspect there is something missing in the installation package.

• Post Points: 5
  • Thu, Jun 11 2009 10:38 AM

Can you try running:

/tools/systemc/files/install/ncscGcc.ins

Regards,

Andrew.
  • Thu, Jun 11 2009 10:43 AM

• gokce
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 245

I get this:

ncscGcc.ins: line 52: cd: ./tools./systemc: No such file or directory

• Thu, Jun 11 2009 10:46 AM

It might need some env var setting. I'll have to check - probably tomorrow though.

Regards,

Andrew
Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts:
Started by gokce at 03 Jun 2009 09:27 AM. Topic has 32 replies.