Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Comparing instances at certain coordinates

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Comparing instances at certain coordinates 

Last post Mon, Apr 6 2009 2:26 PM by JMCaJHU. 2 replies.
Started by JMCaJHU 30 Mar 2009 09:55 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 1504 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Mar 30 2009 9:55 AM

• JMCaJHU
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 2 2009
    • Posts 13
    • Points 275
    Comparing instances at certain coordinates Reply

Is there a way to compare instances at certain coordinates.  I am making a program to create an Or-Chain with a user provided number of inputs.  I have the inputs and the number of orgates created perfectly as well as the first level of routing.  However, as I progress to the second and third levels it would be easier to just use a while loop and create the next routing level based on the instances on a previous level.

Basically I am wondering if there is a command saying if the instance at (x,y) == " blahblah" then dbCreateInst(1 2 3).

Also if the command exists how is an instance compared? By name? 

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Mar 31 2009 3:24 PM

Re: Comparing instances at certain coordinates Reply

Nothing like this exists off the shelf.

There are several ways to do what you want. If you are building the array all at once, you can keep a list of the origin points (point cellName) so you can look up the cell which has been placed. Parse this list to decide your next cell.

The second way is to use dbGetTrueOvelaps at the point of placement to find the placement at that point.

Your comparison would be the cellName as the name is a logical instance name on the instance and not  corresponding to the cell.

You may have to make some type of data structure which maps the previous placement to the next placement, I would probably make this an assoc list (placedCellName newCellName).

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Apr 6 2009 2:26 PM

• JMCaJHU
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 2 2009
    • Posts 13
    • Points 275
    Re: Comparing instances at certain coordinates Reply

Thanks. I think that keeping a list of each row would probably be the easiest method, since the routing of the next level depends on the entire previous row as opposed to just the point above it.  I'll look into the code for keeping a list and comparing instance names.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by JMCaJHU at 30 Mar 2009 09:55 AM. Topic has 2 replies.