Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Cadence SBP 16.2 Part Developer Questions

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Cadence SBP 16.2 Part Developer Questions 

Last post Fri, Feb 6 2009 10:30 AM by Jerry GenPart. 2 replies.
Started by BrianGK 29 Jan 2009 12:20 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 2406 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jan 29 2009 12:20 PM

• BrianGK
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 29 2009
    • Posts 1
    • Points 35
    Cadence SBP 16.2 Part Developer Questions Reply

Hello,

I have a few questions I cannot find an answer to, and maybe somebody out there can help.

1. In part developer, on a symbol, there is the symbol outline. When you select a part of the outline, then drag a vertex of the line to a different place, there is a dashed (out)line underneath. Some symbols have only this dashed outline. What is the dashed line for, or what does it represent? Some symbols, such as a connector symbol, have a solid outline that may be 4x8 grid points, but a dashed outline that extends beyond the top and bottom of the solid outline. It also seems that this dashed outline cannot be deleted. You can select it, hit delete, and it looks like it gets deleted. However, if you click on a different symbol, then come back to the original symbol, the dahsed outline is still there. If anyone can tell me anything about this, please do. It would be much appreciated.

2. Does the symbol outline have to be even numbers for the wires to hook up correctly to the symbol in a schematic? It seems the wires sometimes do not connect to the end of a pin, but to the middle, or 1 gridpoint away.

3. Is there a connection between "Baselining" / "Baseline on Save" in part developer and having to update your schematic in Design Entry HDL? Ever since I clicked on "Baseline on Save" on one of my parts in part developer,(and then put it on my schematic) I get a pop-up everytime after that when I open DEHDL. It's titled "Schematic Consistency Check", with the options "update,  "details",  and "ignore". If I click "details" it references the part in part developer that I clicked the "Baseline on Save" option. I cannot seem to get rid of the pop-up now, whenever one of the "Baselined" parts is on my schematic.

Thanks for any and all help. There's nothing like being forced to learn a new tool on your own with very little support.

--Brian

• Post Points: 35
  • Mon, Feb 2 2009 6:56 AM

• Javinder
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 13 2008
    • Goeteborg, 00-SE
    • Posts 38
    • Points 840
    Re: Cadence SBP 16.2 Part Developer Questions Reply

Hi Brian,

1. PDV use this symbol ourline when it autoplace the pins. This outline is only used by PDV.

2. The symbol outline so not need to be on evan grid, but the pins need to be. We are using 0.05 symbol grid, but place the pins on evan 0.2 grid.

3.  Yes, they are connected, but how I dont know. 

Regards,

Johan Javinder SAAB AB Electronic Defence Systems
    • Post Points: 5
  • Fri, Feb 6 2009 10:30 AM

• Jerry GenPart
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 17 2008
    • Lake In The Hills, IL
    • Posts 128
    • Points 9,335
    Re: Cadence SBP 16.2 Part Developer Questions Reply

Hi,

With respect to #3 above, you should only check the "Baseline on Save" option when you want to affect a new revision of the part. Everytime you do a Baseline, the Revision Manager in DEHDL thinks you've promoted a new revision of the part and that's why you see the pop-up.

Regards,

Jerry
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by BrianGK at 29 Jan 2009 12:20 PM. Topic has 2 replies.