Home > Community > Forums > PCB SKILL > Using SKILL to process external Database file

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Using SKILL to process external Database file 

Last post Tue, Nov 11 2008 11:21 AM by Austin CAD Guy. 1 replies.
Started by alberthyc 04 Nov 2008 08:23 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 2311 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Nov 4 2008 8:23 AM

• alberthyc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 2 2008
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Using SKILL to process external Database file Reply
    Hi, i'm currently working on a project that tries utilize an external DRC database file of a design projectfrom some other software, grab the information in that DB file and put the DRC markers on the APD on the same design project. I think there are two ways to do it, either use SKILL to process the strings in DB file directly or use Perl to process the DB file, put the grouped data in excel file and use SKILL script to import the EXCEL file. So my question is, which method is better? and If i choose to use Perl to process the DB file, how do i use SKILL the read the EXCEL file?
    Filed under: ,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Nov 11 2008 11:21 AM

Re: Using SKILL to process external Database file Reply

Either way, you are reading a database in SKILL, ASCII or Excell. SKILL can process this using scanf or fscanf but perl is a better ASCII processor. You can use the perl command to analyze the output and write a file full of SKILL commands which call dbCreateMarker to create the appropriate markers.Load this file into Virtuoso and it will create marker segments which can then be used with the annotation browser (IC6.1) or the marker finder (IC5.1.41). 

Ted

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by alberthyc at 04 Nov 2008 08:23 AM. Topic has 1 replies.