Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > d_cellview

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

d_cellview 

Last post Wed, Dec 31 2008 12:31 PM by ahamlett. 4 replies.
Started by 1231231 07 Oct 2008 08:28 PM. Topic has 4 replies and 3116 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Oct 7 2008 8:28 PM

• Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 8 2008
    • Posts 1
    • Points 50
    d_cellview Reply

Hi I'm a new comer for SKILL. My question is what are the attributes of object type Cellview?

Are there any documentation describing the object types used in SKILL? 

I cannot find the information on this topic in the local documentation in my department. Thanks a lot.

• Post Points: 50
  • Tue, Oct 7 2008 9:53 PM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,535
    • Points 14,940
    Re: d_cellview Reply

Hi,

The section of that manual that you need is entitled "Description of Database Objects" or "Attributes of Cellviews" depending on the version you are using. For example, this is the "Cadence Design Framework II SKILL Functions Reference" or the "Virtuoso Design Environment SKILL Reference" manual.  These should take you to the appropriate section in SourceLink:

http://sourcelink.cadence.com/docs/files/Release_Info/Docs/skdfref/skdfref6.31/chap2.html#1040921

http://sourcelink.cadence.com/docs/files/Release_Info/Docs/skdfref/skdfref07.02/chap2.html#1068544

There are lots of attributes listed, so I will not list them all here, but some common ones are bBox, cellName, cellViewType, instances, terminals, and shapes.  Hopefully you are aware that these can be accessed using the ~> operator, or the dbGet() or dbGetq() SKILL functions, and set using the operator, or the dbSet()/dbSetq() SKILL functions.

The documentation should also be available as a PDF file, in this case under

<cds_install_dir>/doc/skdfref/skdfref.pdf

Hopefully this answers your questions.

Regards,

Lawrence.

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Oct 8 2008 6:32 AM

• dmay
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Allen, TX
    • Posts 386
    • Points 7,290

One thing I would add is that from any database object you can quickly see what the attributes and their values are in the CIW. In the CIW, we can assign the cellView currently open in the window to one variable and the first item in the selected set to another variable and look at their attributes. First, open a cellview with shapes in it. Select one of the shapes or instances. Then type the following in your CIW:

cv = geGetEditCellView()
    item = css()
    css() is a shortcut for car(geGetSelSet())

To see the attribute names:
    cv~>?
    item~>?

To see the attribute names and values:
    cv~>??
    item~>??

You can extend this further. If the cellview has shapes in it, try this:
    cv~>shapes~>?
    cv~>shapes~>??
    cv~>shapes~>layerName
    cv~>shapes~>objType

-Derek

• Post Points: 5
  • Fri, Dec 19 2008 3:47 PM

• rflayout
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 16 2008
    • Irvine, CA
    • Posts 3
    • Points 30

I am a layout engineer and not a CAD programmer, but wanted to add these coarse tips and generalities that you may find helpful:

1. It is very strict in its syntax like C programming (not forgiving like Perl).

2. It is like LISP in its data and its structure, although it has the optional C like syntax. I went through part of a LISP book and it really helped me (not necessary but I found it helpful).

3. Finally, you have to be very aware of what the API functions need for inputs and what they return (or side affects).

4. Basically thinking of just about everything as objects, and having properties and pointing to other objects, their properties and values. Try to find The SKILL CellView Informational Model (nice snapshot of this).

The other links provided by skillUser are very good.

• Wed, Dec 31 2008 12:31 PM

• ahamlett
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 16 2008
    • Dallas, TX
    • Posts 31
    • Points 585

The brDataBrowser() function often comes in handy for browsing the cell tree.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by 1231231 at 07 Oct 2008 08:28 PM. Topic has 4 replies.