The 16.6 release of OrCAD Capture provides a few enhancements in the area of NetGroups.
NetGroup membership is visible in the schematic and the schematic printout:
You can assign NetGroups through the Alias dialog:
Read on for more details…
Here is an example showing how to make a simple block diagram and using the NetGroup enhancements.
1. Open a design file. Here’s an example of what can be used:
2. Place net aliases:
3. Place hierarchical pins:
4. Select Hierarchical Block Amplifier1 and use RMB > Edit Part.
5. Edit the hierarchical block and place a triangle of lines:
6. Exit the Part mode and select Yes to update. The design should now look like this:
7. Open the TCL Command Window (Use View > Command Window).
8. Select the Amplifier1 Hierarchical Blocks and execute the following command in the TCL command window:
As always, I look forward to your feedback!
Jerry “GenPart” Grzenia