In the 16.5 release of Design Entry HDL (DEHDL) -- Cadence Online Support access -- the Selection Filter helps the user select one or more type of objects in the schematic. This makes it easier to perform operations like aligning objects, distributing them, or moving them to a specific area on the page. The selected objects can also be placed in a group and then group operations can be executed on them.
This provides a more efficient method to quickly, accurately and completely operate on multiple objects – a productivity boost to schematic entry.
Read on for more details …
The Selection Filter is a tool bar which can be docked to any side of the DEHDL window:
In the selection filter, you may select one or more types of objects. After selecting the objects, you can perform operations on them:
When you have selected an object type in the selection filter (for example Symbols):
And draw a selection box over the schematic objects:
Then only those selected objects which have been set in the selection filter (like in the snapshot – Symbols) will be highlighted (and selected):
The following steps provide an example on how to use the selection filter:
1. Draw a selection box and everything gets selected.
2. Set the selection filter to symbols only.
3. Draw a selection box and now only symbols get selected.
4. Select the menu option Group > Create > By Rectangle.
5. Draw a selection box and the symbols in the selection box become part of the group.
6. Select the menu option Group > Add Property…
7. Specify property value pair: FOO = BAR
8. The property gets added to all the symbols which are member of the group.
Please share your experience using this new feature.
Jerry "GenPart" Grzenia