The SPB16.3 release of Allegro Design Entry CIS (Capture) now allows you to browse power pins in your design. In Capture, most of the design’s power pins are invisible, which makes it difficult to find power pins. The new "browse power pins" capability will help you find the pins faster and increase your productivity.
In Capture, power and ground supply pins are referred to generically as "power pins." Normally, power pins are invisible and global -- this means they are shorted by name or they are connected to like-named power pins, power objects, and power nets throughout the schematic. If you need to change the shorting behavior on the pins, you would need to make them visible and then work on the pin properties. Now, you can view the list of all the power pins in a schematic design and then edit the power names or define them as NC pins.
Read below for more details.
Browse the power pins in a design
1. Select a design in Project Manager.
2. From the Edit menu choose Browse> Power Pins.
3. In the Browse Properties dialog box, you can choose the mode as occurrences or instances and click OK. This list displays all the power pins in this design:
To change the properties of a power pin
1. Click the power pin list.
2. From the Edit menu choose the Properties option (Or Press Ctrl + E). The list of power pins now displays in the Assign Power Pins dialog:
3. You can also change the power name of a pin from the drop down list as shown below:
Please feel free to let me know how you like this new Capture capability.
Jerry "GenPart" Grzenia