My good friend and fellow blogger - Bob Dwyer - recently posted on the new Cadence Online Support.
Bob did a terrific job and I encourage you to read his post - Find, Fix And Learn With Cadence Online Support
Bob's provided screenshots, highlights, and suggested tips for navigating in the system!
The new Cadence Online Support was released in a Beta mode on 10/26/09.This Beta technique has been used by several companies (including Google) to recieve valuable customer feedback prior to launching the post-Beta release. The Cadence Online Support team has received several very good suggestions for how to further enhance the site. There are of course, other areas where we know we need to make adjustments and those tune-ups will happen in subsequent releases. You can read more about the details here - Cadence Online Support Goes Live! "We designed the infrastructure to be scaleable and we are excited to be able to plan for a steady stream of releases in the coming months," stated Joe Kugler, Director of Web Enablement. A closed-loop feedback system will capture user comments. The "Feedback" page tool is present on all Cadence Online Support pages.
My personal favorites of the NEW and improved features are:
- Searching across all areas of content including - Troubleshooting, Product Manuals, New or Changed Features, Design Info, Blogs and Forums. Some of these are new areas for simultaneous searching.
- Much faster search with cleaner returned results. By cleaner, I can see the type of results (Troubleshooting, Blogs, etc. in a clearly categorized visualization) the date, and I have a "Show Attributes" link that provides more details.
- Filters provided on the search results pages so I can quickly adjust the results by product, date, etc.
- The "Top 3 Overall Matches" list and "My Search History" - slick!
- Search within a list of returned results - so I can find certain words/phrases to further narrow my results.
- The overall streamlined look and feel. I can access everything quickly from the top menus.
- The "My Service Requests" section is on my Home page and I can quickly review the details. I like to use the middle-mouse button to open links in new browser tabs, so navigating and reviewing multiple Service Requests is a snap.
As the next release features roll-out (you can read the plans in the link above), I'll be back to discuss those and get yourfeedback.
I welcome your "favorite things" feedback about the new Cadence Online Support system. I would encourage you to provide formal feedback to the Cadence Online Support team by clicking the Feedback link at the top of any page on the site.
Jerry "GenPart" Grzenia