A very special Design Automation Conference (DAC) will take place in early June - it's the 50th anniversary of this conference, which has long been a focal point of the EDA industry. This year Cadence is celebrating its 25th anniversary and has considerable involvement in DAC 2013, including technology sessions, customer/partner presentations, panels, papers, a special breakfast and luncheon, and of course the world-famous (in our world, anyway) Denali Party by Cadence.
Cadence booth at DAC 2012
DAC 2013 will be held at the Austin Convention Center in Austin, Texas June 2-6. The conference includes keynotes from Freescale, National Instruments, Samsung, Qualcomm, and Texas Instruments; a designer track; 14 Pavilion panels; 9 technology panels; 34 paper sessions; 11 special sessions; and Monday tutorials. Two new features this year are SKY (short keynote) talks and a "Designed in Texas" track.
DAC 2013 exhibits will be held Monday through Wednesday, June 3-5, from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. For general information about the conference, see the DAC web site. Register by May 8 to get the best rates.
A newly posted Cadence DAC microsite has further information about Cadence at DAC and the Denali Party. Here's a brief summary of what you'll find there.
Cadence will provide in-depth information about products and services in Technology Sessions at the Cadence booth (#2214). These hour-long sessions will run 10:00 am to 5:00 pm in two tracks Monday through Wednesday. For further information and registration, click here.
At the Cadence Theater, you will hear from customers and partners about problems they've solved using Cadence tools and technologies. An agenda will be posted here.
Participation in DAC Technical Program
Cadence experts will participate in the following activities at DAC:
- Low-power workshop on IEEE 1801-2013 standard (Sunday 1-5 pm)
- Tutorial on methodology for "24x7" verification and coverage (Monday)
- Technical panel on advanced node reliability (Tuesday 10:30 - 12:00)
- Pavilion Panel on organizational solutions to verification crisis (Tuesday 1:30 - 2:30)
- 7 poster sessions (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Paper session: Litho is hot (Wednesday 9:00 - 10:30)
- Designer track: Virtual platforms for firmware verification (Thursday 1:30 -3:00)
- Technical panel on analog design with FinFETs (Thursday 1:30 - 2:30)
- Paper session: Networked virtual platform (Thursday 3:30 - 5:30)
For more information on these sessions, click here.
Breakfast Presentation and Luncheon Panel
- Monday June 3 Lunch Panel, 11:30 - 1:30: Has "Timing Signoff Innovation" Become an Oxymoron? What Happened and How Do We Fix It?
- Tuesday June 4 Breakfast, 8:00 - 10:00: The Cadence System-to-Silicon Verification Breakfast
For details and registration, click here. Space is limited!
Denali Party by Cadence - Reserve Your Ticket Now!
The Denali Party by Cadence will be held Tuesday, June 4, at Maggie Mae's on 323 East 6th St., Austin. Time is 8:30 pm to 12:30 am. The Full Disclosure Blues band will get things started, and Disco Inferno will take it through the night. You must pick up your party wristband before noon June 4 at the Cadence booth (#2214). Reserve your party ticket now by clicking here.
Again, you can reach the DAC microsite here. See you at DAC 2013!